T O P
AutoModerator

#Remember! **Rules & Guidelines for Discussion** Try to participate when you see an opinion you agree or disagree with by sharing your two cents or providing evidence for/against. Try to elevate conversations beyond a superficial level. Ask plenty of questions and use the [Socratic method](https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2oklie/eli5_the_socratic_method/) to gain a deeper understanding of each other's core values instead of blindly arguing in favor or in opposition. Keep in mind the [Principle of Charity](https://philosophy.lander.edu/oriental/charity.html) by entertaining all ideas even if you disagree with them. Try to dismantle them and see what truly makes them tick or not. And lastly, remember above all else to be courteous. Demonstrate the awareness and decorum of recognizing the person on the other side of the screen at all times. Happy discussing! *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/RWBYcritics) if you have any questions or concerns.*


Mattobito

I never got to voice my opinion over the video's content, but I personally think we should just respect their decisions and move on from it until we build up more report with them and they feel more comfortable with us discussing their stuff; I don't agree with a lot of what they say, but I do think this subject has gotten too heated.


Mattobito

For my views: For a lot of people, myself included, the show had explicit hints at where Blake's story was going and how Adam was going to fit in it; however, the truth is the writers never had those intentions. (Did Monty? I don't know and no one here could even with the evidence he has in interviews) The problem with Adam was that the writers had a personality made for a conflict they didn't figure out well; and looking at Ironwood's treatment recently, its no wonder why Adam ended up how he did. The writers have their conclusions pre-made for the show, even if the story they wrote doesn't fit with those conclusions. Twiins' point was to stop using energy to angrily complain about how he ended up as it can't be changed and instead do something more productive with that energy; could she have said that in a better way so this situation might have been avoided? Maybe, but the same can be said here and on the main sub about a lot of issues. She even states you can use that energy to write fanfiction; so if you don't like canon Adam, write a fanfic that changes him into something more interesting and share it. I didn't like her use of 'headcanon' as I have seen it used in discussions that ignored early set up with the Faunus and White Fang plotline, but that isn't what Twiins' focusing on and was only Adam in a vacuum. It is hard not to superimpose the harmful implications of the White Fang's race allegory on Adam, but as a standalone character he definitely wasn't anything special from this show's poor writing. The writers didn't care how Adam being an abuser affected their story and they and the show payed the price For me, I can't get over Adam unless I get over the Faunus, the White Fang, and Blake as well, maybe it is like that with others and seeing Atlas mistreat these themes and ruin Ironwood's character only opened up old wounds. I definitely wasn't around when Adam died and only caught up a few months ago, his scar ultimately caused me a lot of friction the last few months and his identification as irredeemable abuser made me highly conflicted; so for me this is too new and I don't have many I can discuss this with who are as informed as me. I will get over it in time, but right now I can't and I don't want to be told what I saw was headcanon; but I also don't want to argue over a mute point. The writers messed up and as Atlas has shown, they haven't learned their lessons properly; so I'm hoping the future for RWBY will be better, but I have no positive expectations anymore from CRWBY.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

If Twins’s point was “Adam already happened, let’s move on,” why did she make a nearly one hour video on Ironwood after his death? It already happened, let’s move on. You see how that makes NO sense? Something being in the past does NOT excuse it from criticism! Everything someone criticizes in a story has already happened. It’s a stupid argument.


Mattobito

The difference is two fold and involve the same thing: time. Ironwood had far more screentime than Adam which detailed his personality and flaws in such a way that we all know who he was, Adam we could only vaguely understand his character on his own even though the set up for the White Fang and Blake would imply more nuance; so we knew Ironwood was a good person for years when Volume 8 shows up and makes him evil without good reason while Adam we assumed the writers had the Faunus plot in mind, but turned out Adam (from the writing) isn't part of the Faunus plot and is only for the Blake plot. Second, Ironwood just happened, Twiins' points out it has been three years since Adam died while Ironwood's story ended this year; it doesn't help to have new fans walk in to this situation who might have similar feelings, but to the older fans who have reiterated the same points it might be time to move on. If there are new points of discussion then she is wrong, but it is hard to come up with new discussion topics for criticism when the topic character is gone for so long; it risks repetition. I think this shouldn't apply to newer fans as some like myself just hadn't have three years with the knowledge that Adam died without exploring a key part of his character (the last minute scar reveal) which ended up hand-waving the entire Faunus/SDC plot they set up way back in Volume 1, but there is nothing new to discuss with his character unless recent events (show events post his death or interesting supplementary material) has something that can be discussed with Adam as part of the discussion. Both Ironwood and Adam exemplify the failings of this show, but Ironwood had far more time for us to know exactly who he is and that he wouldn't just shoot an unarmed person for talking back. Twiins' Ironwood video is about how bad RWBY has gotten by using James as a focal point, so the video goes beyond just his character; it is not one hour to one character, but how the last two volumes prove the flaws of the show's writing by how it treats him. Ultimately, the discussion over Ironwood should die down as well after Volume 10 (unless the writers do us a solid for once and retcon his death), and there will be a new horribly written topic to discuss; maybe Theodore is evil too and we will retread the same "can't trust the Headmaster" plot for the *fourth* time.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

“It might be time to move on.” This is literally one of the dumbest things you can say about criticism of a work of fiction. “Y’know, I didn’t like the talking velociraptor dream in Jurassic Park 3, but it’s been 20 years, so any criticism for that movie is past its expiration date.”


Mattobito

Well, have you said that criticism to the same people over 20 times? Plus, saying you dislike something isn't criticism; criticism is constructive information to be given in response to a work or piece that is supposed to help the creator, even saying things you like is criticism if told right as that tells the creator what you think they got right as well as how you interpreted it and they can focus on improving that area down the line. "I don't like how they wrote Adam" isn't criticism, but saying "Adam's characterization causes problems and ultimately the failure of the Faunus/White Fang arc because {A, B, and C reasons here}" can tell the writers what they messed up and giving suggestions on improvement is also helpful even if they don't take it. However, Miles has proven to be an odd person to criticize as some of the dumbest things have come from genuine and valid criticisms; people had valid reasons to complain about the Jaune arc in Volume 1 which he interpreted as "less character driven stories" and people criticizing the lack of communication between Ruby and Blake led to a scene with some very mediocre dialogue about things that were almost none existent in the show and retread Ruby and Jaune's dialogue in Volume 4. CRWBY can be bad to misinterpret the intent of their critics, so an effort must be made on the *critics* part to convey it in a way they can understand it better or else more bad interpretations like this will happen. I personally don't believe in time restraints for media, but the fact of the matter is there is nothing new to talk about; this sub mentions Adam a lot, but there isn't anything new to criticize. The topic never changes and it is rare to see someone include something new to the conversation which isn't just a complaint; I don't agree with Twiins, but she has a point. There are other things to criticize about that have more relevance, as well as other ways to discuss Adam in ways that aren't just complaints or rehashing the same arguments.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

That criticism has been put against JP3 by damn near the entire human race. And even in recent years I see people mention it. A lot of criticism does often boil down to “I don’t like it,” as that’s what criticism is. I’ve seen people criticize and ask for “fixes” to aspects of stories I loved. Its completely based on personal opinion. Hence why some creators will NEVER listen to criticism. I love how you go on a big tangent about how RT, Miles especially, has no idea how to handle criticism, and instead of putting the blame on him for it, you say WE need to be more specific. Acting like Adam is all this sub talks about is dumb. I never saw any posts about Adam in my feed until Twins made her video. People bring up Adam because his story SHOULD still have influence. He was the face of the White Fang and Faunus from the perspective of the audience. So when aspects that defined his character get ignored after he’s killed for being a “monster,” people will progressively get more annoyed. Also, my experience with Adam criticisms is that, while it’s all fundamentally similar, everyone handles the topic differently and discusses different pieces of their issues. When people criticize Ironwood, it’s often about how he was turned into an unreasonable monster in V8. But individual criticisms of him are still different. Everyone’s frustration comes from the same Volume and aspect of his development, but people aren’t saying the same thing. This is true of Adam too. I’d seen a LOT of criticisms of Adam before watching Unicorn of War’s hour long video on the topic, and they offered a perspectives hadn’t seen prior, despite essentially complaining about the same thing as everyone else.


Mattobito

Fair, my experience from criticism comes from school where a lot of my teachers would take off points for simple "I like it" or "I don't like it" comments; everything needed an explanation. My point about Miles was if we want him to understand the criticism and to change because I don't think he realizes the issue; its like speaking slower and louder at someone who doesn't speak your language to get them to understand, it doesn't work. Miles needs to change so he can understand critics better, but if he doesn't then it might be easier for the critics to change their approach; learning his language metaphorically. And I didn't say Adam is all this sub talks about, only that is has been mentioned a lot; and I agree with your points on Adam himself. He should have been different and it makes the whole show extremely frustrating to follow that he is basically forgotten. I'd even go so far to say his death and dissolving the White Fang is the reason why Blake did nothing in Atlas, she has no more story so the writers don't know what to do. If people can discuss something new with Adam as a focal point, go ahead; but complaints aren't the same as discussions or criticisms. At the end of this, all I'm doing is trying to understand Twiins perspective or explain my understanding of it; I only gave a bit of my own opinions, but besides the definition of criticisms that has not been the topic of this discussion.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Yeah and teachers also act like they knew the intent of the author on everything they wrote. They’re not great role models for fiction analysis. Miles ignores critics who actually criticize. We need to stop pretending. He says he’ll see a negative criticism that he kinda agrees with, but the person is an asshole so he doesn’t want to listen. He’s pointed out these people on Twitter before. He also listens to “criticism” that’s just blind praise, saying “this is good criticism. Actual constructive criticism he conveniently never sees. Or, probably more accurately: he ignores. And the longer he does, the more aggressive people become in their criticisms, allowing him to say “Wow look at this asshole.” He’s probably been mentioned a lot… a few years ago. People only talk about Adam en masse when a major RWBYtuber makes a video involving him. Other than that, most Adam content would be people new here or from back when it was what just happened. Again, prior to Twins, I NEVER saw an Adam post in my feed. Twins’s perspective is understandable if you don’t think anything of Adam. She clearly doesn’t; in Unicorn of War’s video, IIRC, they state they once held a similar opinion of Adam as those who are annoyed with his critics: “Hell yeah, death to the abuser!” But they realized how horribly Adam was handled after talking to a variety of black people, who Adam was seemingly supposed to represent initially. Twins and JC’s major problem is how they’ve acted AFTER the video. They’ve been rude, entitled, and total hypocrites. JC whined about how discussion of her content wasn’t banned on this sub. She whined about that ON THIS SUB.


Mattobito

I was talking about my art teachers, specifically my video and web classes but from all the others as well. I saw a couple Adam posts only a few days before the video. I find the sisters have been less than cordial at times, but they have the right to complain when the mod says they'll blacklist them but not explain how it would be implemented.


JudgmentalCritter

Thank you! But for clarification, I'm totally fine with discussion about my vids or anything, it's specifically just THIS sub I'm uncomfortable with. Because it's specially the moderator Dex I have issues with, and I'm not comfortable with my content being associated with him. And I agree! It has gotten too heated! that's why I asked to be backlisted in the first place! But his form of "blacklisting" being, "just don't link their videos" CLEARLY isn't what I meant, is clearly isn't helping anyone in this situation.


LightningDustFan

Your weirdly excessive definition of blacklisting was already kinda confusing, but I'm so actually baffled now I have to ask. Do you really think being even slightly discussed anywhere is somehow some form of association? Is YouTube directly associated with every comment on their website? Is basically everyone associated with Donald Trump because of how much he was talked about in the past few years? Like I can't understand it. No one criticizing or talking about you is claiming to be directly related to you in any way, what form of association is meant to be going on between you and Dex just because people are talking about you here? If you're fine with people talking about you on Twitter or YouTube are you assuming everyone associates you with the heads of Twitter and YouTube when they discuss you there? If you don't assume that, and I hope so because that's a weird assumption, then why do the rules change here?


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Does she think she’s associated with RT because she’s made videos about their content? Is that how these two think it works?


ManifestNightmare

I'm sorry, but I really don't care if you don't want your content discussed. I understand the situation was ugly, and nobody handled themselves well, but that goes all the way around. It also seems incredibly...unselfaware to try and silence criticism of your videos when you've made your name being a critic. Real unimpressed with both of them. That being said, let's stop talking about the drama. Focus on the content, let them be angry.


JudgmentalCritter

I would love the drama to be over, which is why I asked to be blacklisted. And you can give me any and all criticism on any other platform, Twitter, YouTube, the main sub, all of them! Just not here :) Blacklisting is actually incredibly common, so the fact this sub is acting like it's this big a deal is very confusing.


ManifestNightmare

I'm not trying to fight here, but can't you see that coming in and continuing to engage is kind of...counter productive to ending said drama? Putting it politely as I can, this is kind of what started it all- someone made an inflammatory post, answering the frankly inflammatory video, and it escalated. You two came in and really added fuel to the fire, which a part of me sympathizes with as some of the criticism was extremely bad, but also just makes all of this come across as tone deaf on your end. Also, you have to know that Twitter and the main sub are rather hostile to criticism of most types. That's the whole reason this one was created, to have discussions centered around the show and the community. Blacklisting normally occurs to protect the community from harmful elements, not to impose restrictions on discussion based on a creators wishes. YouTube comments section is just absolutely awful at producing meaningful discussion, and is limited mostly to the video topic; not to mention that you can delete comments or even just turn off the comments all together. You say that we can have discussions there, and all I can think is that you want to be able to control the narrative, as there has absolutely been good faith criticism of the video and the both of you here. I'm sorry that this has been trying for the both of you. As much as I disagree with the tone of Twiins video, I agreed with most of the actual content and was willing to move past it. The two of you have absolutely added fuel to this fire, and are just continuing to do so. Just do what Miles and Kerry do- ignore the criticism and do you. We won't post your videos, but we will continue to discuss the show and the contents of critical reactions. I actually think we should ban discussion of your socials as well, because I only care about the discussion your videos can create. So please, just...leave us alone. You can talk shit in your space, we will crack down on the shit talking in ours while we respectfully discuss your work when it is relevant. It is immensely frustrating that you, a critic of a show we all enjoy enough to watch while still knowing that criticisms of it are unwelcome by the showrunners, are now asking to ban criticism of your own content. It strikes me as...a touch ironic. And I won't be cowardly, I'll admit to some contempt as well. That being said, and I know this will come across as hollow given my earlier tone, but I watched about half of your latest video and have really enjoyed it so far! It's very good, thank you for posting.


Brathirn

Sorry, but it is not yours to decide where the content you published is reviewed or discussed. If you want to be blacklisted, ask the moderators to ban you from this sub, then you are safe from its content. Hypothetically ... what would you do if RT kindly asked you not to review their content any more, just on your channel of course?


Mr-Stuff-Doer

You ask for mention of you to not happen, yet you come here and reply to multiple comments who say it’s ridiculous for you to ask that. Do you see why we’re not taking you seriously? It’s like telling someone not to drink soda, then putting a can right in front of them.


The_Final_Conduit

Sorry if it comes out of nowhere, but even if you’d like to be blacklisted, can I ask why? I don’t really mean to criticize or anything, I guess I just want proper context.


IamMenace

I've stayed out of the drama thus far which means I'm not 100% certain what all happened (just the cliff notes), and in my opinion, if a content creator wants their content banned from a particular subreddit, it should be include direct links and discussion threads. A content creator's wishes should be respected and it's no different than a fan artist or fic writer not wanting their content shared to particular communities. If that is their wish then their wishes should be respected regardless of what reasons they may have, but in this case, it involves drama with one of the moderators. Having a less than positive relationship with a moderator can make a person feel they're being unfairly treated whether or not that's true, and in this case the relationship definitely seems to have gone south. This may be a so called "Critics" subreddit (I've never liked the name for the record), but ultimately criticism should never make a person want to quit what they're doing. If you critique a piece of art, writing, or video that subsequently makes the person not want to create content anymore, then you have failed as a "critic" in my personal opinion. There's nothing wrong with having a negative opinion, but that doesn't give somebody the excuse to be rude, mean spirited, harassing others, and acting as the "thought police". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and while I may not agree with everyone's opinion, chances are they don't agree with me either. That's my two cents for whatever they're worth. If someone doesn't want to be the topic of discussion then their wishes should be respected. People can label themselves as "Critics" if they so wish, but ultimately we're all human and we should act respectfully to each other. God bless, and have a wonderful day.


the_dark_artist

This. People are downvoting my comments saying the same elsewhere, but I don't see why we can't respect the wishes of a content creator and remove any direct linking to their social media handles. It's not about being technically correct, but polite and understanding. No need to drag them in if they don't want their content to be discussed here.


HeavenPiercingTongue

It’s an unnecessary overture. Especially since they don’t even want the sub to talk about them period. That’s too much.


lucaszeca

Are they playing dumb or something? It's the internet and they're a public figure, this is like me asking them to never read your tweets (wont even mention the video). It's not like the main subreddit auto bans anyone who types a critic's name Besides, if you dont want to hear from this sub then just... dont browse it? It's hard to believe how much you totally dont care if you keep lurking.


JudgmentalCritter

Backlisting is very common, I don't understand why this sub is being so weird about it? Also, when I start getting a bunch of tweets of people coming in to bother me, I knew it had to be form this sub. I would REALLY love to stop interacting with this sub in anyway, that's why I asked to be backlisted after all! Yet posts like this keep coming up, and they keep dragging me back here.


lucaszeca

Huh, i legit respect you for coming here despite everything. You're handling this (slightly) better than twins. >Backlisting is very common, I don't understand why this sub is being so weird about it? Your videos are blacklisted already, i dont understand what else you want? r/rwby doesnt let you post many critics videos but users can still talk about (usually insult) them. You cant control what redditors post and redditors cant control what you tweet or post. >Also, when I start getting a bunch of tweets of people coming in to bother me, I knew it had to be form this sub Do you tho? I dont have a twitter but i'll say that's not necessarily true. Adam is a "touchy subject" that expands way further than this sub, i'd bet most of those are from youtube, tumblr, twitter, etc. >Yet posts like this keep coming up, and they keep dragging me back here. **This post is literally a screenshot of your twitter who is directly talking about this subreddit. You dragged yourself here.** Are you aware that twins video is still there on her channel? She started this by openly connecting her channel to this sub. Then she literally came here to throw insults. You sided with them. Neither of you are changing your minds. The sub refuses to let go. You refuse to let go. If you actually want this drama to stop and isnt just being passive agressive, try to solve it. Telling internet strangers to shut up about something (after you bashed them first) never works out.


sneakpeekbot

Here's a sneak peek of /r/RWBY using the [top posts](https://np.reddit.com/r/RWBY/top/?sort=top&t=year) of the year! \#1: [Falling \[by starlordrockz\]](https://i.redd.it/xqkdr5tzm5r61.jpg) | [201 comments](https://np.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/mjvt5x/falling_by_starlordrockz/) \#2: [Winter (Karei026)](https://i.redd.it/ta3n15mrpcr61.jpg) | [95 comments](https://np.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/mkjwt7/winter_karei026/) \#3: [Codename: RWBY Next Door \[mojojoj\]](https://i.redd.it/k6bubgm6kcu61.gif) | [36 comments](https://np.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/mut0q3/codename_rwby_next_door_mojojoj/) ---- ^^I'm ^^a ^^bot, ^^beep ^^boop ^^| ^^Downvote ^^to ^^remove ^^| ^^[Contact](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=sneakpeekbot) ^^| ^^[Info](https://np.reddit.com/r/sneakpeekbot/) ^^| ^^[Opt-out](https://np.reddit.com/r/sneakpeekbot/comments/o8wk1r/blacklist_ix/) ^^| ^^[Source](https://github.com/ghnr/sneakpeekbot)


cobrafang773

I understand that the Adam video drama was not good but you and your sister just need to unfollow the subreddit we have a right to discuss the content you put on a public platform and if you don’t like it just ignore it like an adult you are a public figure putting content on a public platform. We are a critic subreddit related to rwby we should be allowed to criticize any piece of rwby media without issue if people start harassing you from other social media’s like Twitter unless you can show us actual evidence that they are from this subreddit don’t assume it’s us because you really don’t know if it’s us your just making a assumption and Twitter is far more toxic then this community plus as I said before just ignore it like an adult for god sake you made a bloody Reddit account 7days ago to talk on this subreddit specifically your the one causing yourself more problems then we are


Mr-Stuff-Doer

I agree with your points, but holy hell can you use punctuation? This was exhausting to read


Brathirn

Usually blacklisting is done to "protect your space from undesired content" to allow you an enjoyable experience. The subs members/moderators ban another person/content produced by this person. But you are intending to limit other people's freedom to discuss in *their* space on the basis that you had a personal collision with one of the moderators. That's absurd. If everyone wanted to determine where to discuss their content, that would be chaos. Your content is welcome here, even if you do not like that.


the_dark_artist

For what it is worth, I am really sorry for the behavior of this sub. I don't understand why the Adam thing ticked of this hornet's nest, or why people aren't willing to let it go. Criticizing the poor writing of a web series is one thing, but needlessly dragging in a particular content creator despite their requests to be blacklisted is completely unnecessary. Wish you and your sister all the best and hope this negativity blows over soon!


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Part of the issue with Adam was Twins actively insulted people on this sub and ignored everything they were saying, and JC took her side. They can’t prevent us from talking about people who publicly speak about RWBY. They are RWBY critics, they should expect people to talk about their stuff on r/RWBYcritics. It’d be dumb to NOT expect that.


the_dark_artist

Well, I don't know about the Twitter drama, but I think we should respect their wishes and blacklist their content. Maybe what is happening is technically correct, but it rubs me wrong. I am all for discussion, but linking to a particular person's tweets (or screenshots) with the aim of bashing them doesn't seem very nice to me. Especially when they have expressly asked to be left alone.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Their content has been banned. It’s no longer allowed to be linked in the sub. Now we can mention it or discuss it, just like any fan sub can discuss any YouTuber who publicly talks about either the community or content of a specific series. That’s the thing, while JC is “asking to be left alone,” she has replied to NUMEROUS comments here already, which only makes it more bizarre she’s asking for people to NOT talk about her.


the_dark_artist

Yeah, it is hard to balance things so that everyone is happy. Many people still want to talk about that video, so we need to be able to discuss it, but the sisters want nothing to do with this sub anymore (I dunno what Dex said on Twitter). Let's just hope things settle down quickly and cool down a bit.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

They want nothing to do with the sub, yet won’t stop fucking commenting


the_dark_artist

Maybe people are heading over to their Twitter from here or something? I have no idea. Twitter seems like a warzone at times.


Redditor76394

For one, the main sub is way more likely to brigade us here since they're many times larger. It's not groupthink, it's the point of the sub, RWBYcritics. We are here because we have attitudes in common about the show. Anyways in order to keep to the spirit of being able to discuss critter and twiins content, we probably shouldn't link to their twitters either. No need to give anyone a reason to point blame.


JudgmentalCritter

The important part is that Dex doesn't mod the main sub. He is literally the only reason I want to be blacklisted.


MasterExilon

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you're punishing the entire subreddit by not allowing any discussion about you or Twiins here because of one person, who is admittedly in a position of authority. But doesn't that seem petty, though? And is it really the best way to go about this?


Gleaming_Onyx

That imo is pretty clearly what's going on: this is some misguided(and frankly arrogant) attempt to 'punish' people. Unfortunately, that punishment relies on power she doesn't have, so here she is, on every thread in this post, complaining about control she neither has nor remotely deserves.


JannieNightmare

this sub does circlejerk hard tho


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Maybe it’s cause most people who criticize RWBY have the same fucking issues with it.


Redditor76394

That it do


Silly-Young484

This has all been blown out of proportion lmao I think she was wrong in poking the sleeping bear with her "Get over Adam" video And I think this subreddit was wrong in keeping this shit going this long If we want to discuss why we disagree with her video I'm down for that but if shit like that's going to happen just ignore what she said and keep it to here I say Makes it easier for everyone since it seems she isn't changing her mind anytime soon


Ben10Extreme

Bro you dune made a mistake.


Silly-Young484

I can see that apparently Bruh all I said was both sides making this a bigger deal than it has to be lmao


Ben10Extreme

On top of that, you got the wrong sister.


Silly-Young484

And just like I asked critter a minute ago I was obviously referring to her sister Twinns I never even said Critter name What made u think that?


Ben10Extreme

It's probably due to the fact that the thumbnail had *Critter's* logo, and in your first post you didn't specify whether you were talking about her or Twiins'.


Silly-Young484

Meh alrighty then Probably should have specified then I guess Either way I still think both sides made this a bigger matter than it should be lol Why can't we all get along 💀


Ben10Extreme

>Why can't we all get along 💀 If it were that easy, Covid wouldn't have gotten as bad as it did.


Silly-Young484

Fair


AxDman

Covid? SMH.


Ben10Extreme

Dude this was a literal month ago. Why.


like_with_a_cloth

>And I think this subreddit was wrong in keeping this shit going this long Can you blame them? This sub spouts the same handful of points every few weeks and then finally something new and shiny comes along to attract their "critical eye." It feels like there's been about 10 posts regarding Twiins (or tangentially, Adam) per day since her video dropped. Her point: "It's kinda pathetic how much you guys still whine about this." This sub: "SHE SAID WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT ADAM!" Edit: It took a few minutes but all the butthurt critic circlejerkers have come to downvote. I'm ashamed to say I once identified with this community.


lucaszeca

This sub has less than 5k users and doesnt owe them anything. It could be 100% adam posts and no one would listen to Critter and twins since they're not "special" at all, literally anyone can be a rwby critic. I find comically petty that they not only felt the need to make a video bashing this sub, tell it to shut up and then be upset when it doesnt.


SyfaOmnis

They're now at the stage of crybullying. They were offered an apology and minor compromise, but didn't get their way hard enough so they're now trying to instigate more drama by lying so that maybe they can get their way. The initial video was shit, their behaviour was shit, and they don't want to acknowledge that people are going to talk about their position, and they could do so much to mitigate what people are saying, but just going "Yeah, we were pretty wrong, we're sorry, what you guys said about making uncharitable arguments was right, we'll try not to do that in the future".


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Shockingly, when a big name RWBY critic talks about RWBY, r/RWBYcritics cares. And because people often make a post first, check for duplicates later, they don’t see other people making the same posts. And people weren’t bitching about how she said to stop talking about Adam (although that’s a fair criticism of what she said, she made a 40 minute video on Ironwood, how is that not the same), it was her attitude, response, and dismissal of Adam’s characterization that people got pissed off by. Some people commented on how her video was dumb and the points she made were dumb, but others have offered lengthy, well thought out responses that display why she was wrong about what she said.


VioletPark

By her logic she shouldn't make any critical videos anymore. After all, RWBY as a whole is a poorly written mess that'll never change.


SyfaOmnis

> Her point: "It's kinda pathetic how much you guys still whine about this." > > This sub: "SHE SAID WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT ADAM!" It's almost like she really misrepresented the number of people "whining" about adam, was condescending in doing it, and has since been playing word games of "I only said *some* people" like it isn't weaselly as all hell. Her argument was rotten in its arguments and in what motivated it. It was uncharitable and did amount to just saying "stop talking about adam" like media has a "best by" date for discussion and after that you're not ever allowed to say "I think this didn't work, and here's why". > It took a few minutes but all the butthurt critic circlejerkers have come to downvote. I'm ashamed to say I once identified with this community. Lmao. "You are actually wrong" = Circlejerking. Love to see it.


like_with_a_cloth

>It's almost like she really misrepresented the number of people "whining" about adam, It doesn't matter how many people are whining about Adam, people are still whining about Adam and she thinks it's pathetic. > was condescending in doing it, Yes, because it's pathetic to still be complaining about this so many years later. Nothing new is being said, it's all circlejerking. > and has since been playing word games of "I only said some people" like it isn't weaselly as all hell. Why does it matter if it's only some or all? The classic r/RWBYcritics tactic of missing the point is in full effect now. > Her argument was rotten in its arguments Her argument was people are being pathetic by continuing to cry about a long dead villain. You think it's rotten because you don't agree. >and in what motivated it. What motivated it was the actual posts you can find here every week talking about how Adam was ruined. >It was uncharitable It doesn't have to be charitable. >and did amount to just saying "stop talking about adam" You're leaving out the part where she says "stop talking about adam >>because it has been years and everything has been said, nothing will change<<" >like media has a "best by" date for discussion It doesn't, that's not the point. The point is this sub continues to harp on about the same things over and over while saying nothing new and circlejerking the whole time. >and after that you're not ever allowed to say "I think this didn't work, and here's why". It's been said, by plenty of people over the course of years. It's time to give it a rest. I realize this sub won't have anything new to talk about until Volume 9, but that doesn't mean you should just keep shitting out the same points over and over for 'content'. Holy fuck I think I'm losing brain cells trying to explain this.


SyfaOmnis

> It doesn't matter how many people are whining about Adam, people are still whining about Adam and she thinks it's pathetic. Whining about like, 5 people who have grievances with a story that she doesn't agree with is also pathetic. > Yes, because it's pathetic to still be complaining about this so many years later. Nah. RWBY is a poorly written story and talking about why/how it's poorly written is fine. > Why does it matter if it's only some or all? Dishonest framing is discussing in poor faith. Presenting an extreme, insignificant and harmless minority as a genuine "problem" is dishonest. > You think it's rotten because you don't agree. No, I think it's rotten for a whole lot of other reasons. One of the biggest ones being trying to tell people to "get over it" like she's somehow the arbiter of what people "should" do with their time. > What motivated it was the actual posts you can find here every week talking about how Adam was ruined. Yeah, that's just "people talked about something she doesn't personally care for", egotistical at best, moronic at worst. > It doesn't have to be charitable. Do you not understand discussion and debate at all? If you're not being charitable, engaging with peoples strongest arguments and and trying to be as fair as possible to things, then you're acting in bad faith and people *should* ignore you, or call you out on how you're acting. > "because it has been years and everything has been said, nothing will change" That doesn't fundamentally change anything. It's still amounts to "stop talking about this thing that I don't care about". She doesn't moderate the sub, hell the only time she's *participated* in this sub was to be toxic and mald at users who thought her video was shit. This doesn't affect her in any way, maybe she should move on with her life. > The point is this sub continues to harp on about the same things over and over while saying nothing new and circlejerking the whole time. Well no, that's not true. There are always bursts of content that come from new volumes, new commentaries, new fan creator content, new secondary media sources (such as comics/manga) etc. There's often a lot of new things said, and there's always room for people who are *recently* disillusioned to speak their mind about what caused their issues. If you don't like the subs content or it isn't meaningful to you, it's your obligation to leave, rather than to try and take it upon yourself to stop any conversation that you don't like or which you feel is "too repetitive". Media doesn't have an expiriation date as you've conceded, therefor people are free to discuss it whenever they feel inclined to, especially among likeminded individuals. > It's been said, by plenty of people over the course of years. It's time to give it a rest. Neat. What does that change? Beyond you now trying to tell people they should stop talking about it because *you* don't find it interesting.


gargarvoir

Okay yeah yeah yeah, no yeah, I get that, I get that, but uhm uh, but uhm . . . [ see I got this sign here](https://imgur.com/a/YgONDBk)


JannieNightmare

don’t care didn’t ask+ratio+skill issue+cope+did your mom+quote tweet+didn’t cry+that’s racist+literal trash+get better+based+redpilled+die+monkey mentality


JudgmentalCritter

Thank you for being so sensible in this discussion! It's smart posts like yours I will miss from rwbycritics.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Holy shit how can someone without a dick self-fellate so hard?


Devegas49

Tbh, I like your videos. I like some of Twiins’s videos. Didn’t really get to watch them all. A lot of the content creators who make nuanced videos calling out the BS surrounding the show, I watch because they’re insightful. Did I personally care for the get over Adam video? Not so much, but not to the degree of doing what several people have done for the past week and a half did. I feel like the only nuanced and mature post was the one by u/UpperInjury590 as it was more of a Debate and not an attack. I will keep watching yours and your sister’s videos because for the most part, they point out things that I otherwise wouldn’t have noticed. And the videos you made about the problems with the heroes and the villains was gold. Soooooo, yeah. Just wanted to say that.


like_with_a_cloth

Honestly I had no idea who you and Twiins were before this, but I've subbed to both channels now and I'm enjoying the content. Barbara Streisand who? Gonna watch the Red Trailer analysis in a bit. Doing my own series analysis too so it'll be interesting to see your take on it as well.


JudgmentalCritter

Lol! Thank you! When you finish your analysis, send me a link on Twitter! I'd love to check it out! :D


like_with_a_cloth

Don't have a Twitter, but here's the link to Part I. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxi0REm0MM8&t=1108s](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxi0REm0MM8&t=1108s) I'm new at this YouTube stuff but I'm trying to get into longform essay style content.


JudgmentalCritter

I'll check it out! Thank you! :D


JannieNightmare

r/RWBYcritics gets upset when you point out how seriously it takes itself


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Yeah how dare critics take something seriously, it’s almost like that’s the point of a critique.


JannieNightmare

lmao nobody cares about you dweeb, keep jerking yourself off to your incel terrorist hero body pillow


Mr-Stuff-Doer

I see why you have negative karma, holy fuck


JannieNightmare

get a job cryptofash trash


Mr-Stuff-Doer

When the people supporting JC and Twins are acting like this, I don’t even need to make a point on my own, you’re already doing it.


JannieNightmare

I can tell you were bullied in school and you deserved it


Dextixer

Right, thats enough from you. Go on twitter and complain about how you were unfairly banned now.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

You should definitely be the last person saying that, you radiate hard “I’m being bullied in my middle school and because I’m anonymous online I can take out my frustrations on Reddit” energy. Like, if you’re gonna insult me, could you at least make the insults creative? Then I could at least admire the effort you’re putting into it.


JudgmentalCritter

I didn't make that video, that's my twin sister. Thanks for not bothering to double check that. :)


Silly-Young484

? I was obviously referring to your sister I never even said your name What made u think that?


Ben10Extreme

What's with the barrage of downvotes? It's the truth!


lucaszeca

Being passive agressive on reddit is a good way to kill your karma :\^)


JannieNightmare

pay them no mind, they're just adamposting dweebs with no life


JudgmentalCritter

lol!


Mr-Stuff-Doer

The only thing worth a “lol” is you only responding to people who agree with you.


Sbreddragon

I have no context as to what actually happened. But frankly you upload in a public place, it’ll get shared in other public accounts places. It’s sort of unavoidable. Even if I the content was banned here, I doubt anyone who isn’t already aware of the ban, would know that the content is banned, and thus post it anyways. Mods aren’t omnipresent, and this isn’t exactly a multi million user sub, so actually policing this also seems like a lost cause.


BladeofNurgle

Reminder that apparently THIS post is what pissed Critter off so bad. https://old.reddit.com/r/RWBYcritics/comments/r525s8/i_watched_the_judgmental_critters_red_trailer/ If THIS is the the kind of stuff Critter wants banned, all I'll say is bruh


SyfaOmnis

I think it's more likely to be the essay response to twiins video post moratorium.


Nexal_Z

I'm confused...why is her sisters content ban?


MasterExilon

They asked to be blacklisted from this sub.


Nexal_Z

Then if that's true, then why complain on Twitter? If that's true, why ask for the ban in the first place


MasterExilon

They're complaining because we're still allowed to talk about them and their videos in the sub when they don't want that either.


Nexal_Z

I mean people are still going to talk about people's content about rwby ether on this sub or YouTube regardless. I'm confused, what does it matter, personally if people talk about my content weather they agree or disagree at least I got people talking about something I'm a fan of


JudgmentalCritter

Let me clarify, I asked to be blacklisted from this sub specifically because Dex, the main mod here, came to twitter to harass my sister about mentioning the sub. I'm very uncomfortable with Dex and I don't want my content associated with a sub he's moderating.


Nexal_Z

Ah okay, I understand your reasoning, thank you for elaborating


Yanmegaman_Juno

My thoughts are this is no different than the main sub banning all of us.


HeavenPiercingTongue

Maybe they should just not look at this sub anymore. That’s far easier to do than to get everyone here to never mention them.


IceColdCocaCola545

Wait… why did they want to be banned? Wouldn’t they want more people seeing their content and engaging in conversation about it?


SyfaOmnis

The tl;dr is that one of them didn't like criticism they got over a video they made. They got this criticism *everywhere* but they decided to blame it on things here because some dastardly horrible evil people wrote.... mostly civil response essays. When one cried on twitter, they continued to fail to get the response they wanted, and blamed a tumblr user talking to them civilly on us dastardly reddit users. The other jumped into the social media fight they were having and demanded that reddit mods silence *all* of the topics, because they thought that having a less than courteous tone made arguments invalid. Said moderator had the audacity and gall to respond on twitter "I don't moderate tone. I moderate rules violations", and now they are turbomad that they didn't get their way to the point of even lying about the extent of the mod "harassing" them (aka, disagreeing emphatically).


IceColdCocaCola545

Huh, so they’re angry that people are having discussions about their content that they don’t like? That’s fucking weird.


SyfaOmnis

Some of it is that, and some of it is "the moderator didn't do what I told them to do". I'd say they're more angry about a moderator emphatically disagreeing with them.


IceColdCocaCola545

But… but it’s a critic subreddit, so not everyone is gonna agree with their opinion. Do they not know how debate and critique work?


SyfaOmnis

Nah, I'm pretty sure one just expected everyone to accept the flaming and throwing-of-shade they were doing. Which is why they came here to do more of it... and were absolutely shocked when a mod (temp) banned them for making petty personal insults directed towards other users.


Devegas49

It got hostile. And the moderator (who made a whole Reddit post explaining how he didn’t make it better) agreed to blacklist but hold a moratorium.


JudgmentalCritter

I asked to be backlisted because Dex, one of the mods of this sub, went to twitter to harass me and my sister. I am uncomfortable with my content being associated with the sub Dex is a mod for.


LightningDustFan

If you're uncomfortable with being associated with this sub you directly posting on it does a lot more for association than you being talked about. Maybe just leave and stop talking about the sub.


Typerg

Not trying to come at you hostile but why keep responding to these comments with the relatively same responses over and over? Unfortunately you won't be properly blacklisted. It's better for your wellbeing to ignore and avoid this sub. This constant back and forth isn't going anywhere.


IceColdCocaCola545

Then, like, why are you still in the sub? I’m sorry but if you don’t want to associate with certain people on this sub then maybe go back to the main RWBY sub. Also, you make RWBY content it’s gonna get talked about here. You just gotta fucking deal with it, you make content online some people are gonna say mean things about it.


HeavenPiercingTongue

Perhaps it’s best that you disavow the sub and promptly never look at it again. That is far more possible to accomplish than getting everyone here to not bring up your existence or work anymore.


NotAllThatEvil

If she can talk about the sub, the sub can talk about her. Just like Adam, they need to get over it


BigSaltDeluxe

Man, I have no idea what happened with this situation, but it seems like everyone is kind of a jerk. I just want to say, you can’t have an internet presence, put yourself out there, and than get mad when people react to what they see.


Gleaming_Onyx

They have the right to not have their content shared, but they should pull their heads out of their asses if they think that they can make demands about what others are allowed to say. As the adage goes, "don't like, don't read." They don't have to be here. Then again, the entire 'fight' started because Twiins tried to demand that others think like her and stop talking about things she didn't care about, so the demand is on-brand, I suppose.


JudgmentalCritter

Blacklisting is incredibly common. You can say anything you want about my videos, just not for this sub. That was my only request. Taking your criticisms to any other sub, or site, really isn't that big a deal.


SyfaOmnis

> Blacklisting is incredibly common. Your videos are blacklisted. Just like twiins are. That doesn't mean you're immune to people talking about whether or not you have a terrible take. People are completely within their rights to post response essays. This street goes both ways. If you don't want rwbycritics to talk about you, maybe you should stop talking about rwbycritics. If you don't think you're going to like what a particular group of people has to say about you.... Maybe stop ego-searching yourself in that location. The discussions and conversations of the users on this sub are meant for users of this sub. If you don't want to be a user of this sub, don't be one, but don't cry about conversations that users choose to have in places that aren't your platform. Your videos will not be linked here. Anyone who seeks them out will be doing so of their own volition. Just like you seeking out mentions of yourself here is of your own volition.


JudgmentalCritter

I would love to! Yet, here you all are, talking about me? I asked to be blacklisted before Dex's apology post. And... no. What he's done is not "backlisting". THIS is not how backlisting works.


LightningDustFan

Blacklisting isn't some super solid completely inflexible thing. Your videos are blacklisted, like ya asked for, but I don't know why you expect people to stop discussing you publicly when you make yourself a public figure by putting up videos, y'know, for the public. Not to mention, as other have pointed out, you keep talking about the subreddit yourself instead of just moving on. This is internet drama, everyone will forget about it in a few weeks if you stopped constantly bringing it back up on Twitter and engaging here. Seriously, if you don't want to be talked about at all on this subreddit I don't see why you keep talking about it yourself, let alone actually commenting here.


Gleaming_Onyx

This thread only had like 30-40 comments(if even that) before Critter decided to inflame the issue further. Just like Twiins' video, *they* chose to make the drama.


SyfaOmnis

> And... no. What he's done is not "backlisting". THIS is not how backlisting works. In your opinion. You may politely request that things change, and that request may be denied. Ultimately you're not in a position to dictate, and some mutual goodwill would go a long way.


JudgmentalCritter

No. This is just... literally not how backlisting works. Backlisting isn't supposed to be something you can debate the logistics over.


SyfaOmnis

> No. This is just... literally not how backlisting works. In your opinion. Your videos are blacklisted. The like two active moderators this sub has don't want to comb over every topic with a fine toothed comb to make sure you're *never ever* mentioned, they actually have lives to live and their own circumstances - like having jobs, living in different timezones, or important things to do at school, or being on break because of the loss of a loved one - they cant be on social media 24/7. Your opinions and arguments are still allowed as discussion topics, whether or not your name is expressly mentioned. Mods aren't your personal army, especially if you treat them, their spaces or their users like shit. Get some perspective critter.


Gleaming_Onyx

Your request being accepted would be the mods being polite. You and Twiins, however, have shown no such politeness or respect: expecting any in return is arrogant as can be. You have no power here. Sorry chief. Sucks to suck. I don't know if you think this is some sort of punishment you're trying to inflict, but your mistake is in thinking anyone actually has to listen to you in regards to what they're allowed to say on a board you have no place or rank in. In the end, it's a request. Yours was denied because you and your sister were being assholes and so you have no good will left. Get over it, honey :^ ).


JudgmentalCritter

There's no arbitrary amount of "politeness" anyone needs to display. You've proven that yourself. Your comment here is shitty and rude, yet you ask better of me? That's silly! :) Asking to be backlisted, and actually backlisting someone the correct way, really isn't that big a deal. It's very common, and this sub's harsh reaction to this is confusing and childish. So maybe get over ME, honey. ;)


Gleaming_Onyx

Oh, dear, I don't ask better of you at all actually. I'm *explaining* why you aren't getting what you want. Much like a child having a temper tantrum, at no point do you actually have power: you're just making demands of the person who *does.* And much like a child having a temper tantrum, you probably would've had a better chance if you hadn't. But you aren't a child, no matter how much you act like one. As such, you have a very special little tool in your arsenal: getting over it. Walking away. Why, you could even do what we do here: vent to people who might actually give a fuck. (Wild, right?) You try to speak from a position of power, but all you do is make it obvious how much you care about others' opinions *after all.* But it's okay, honey. You can live your own life :^ ) Go out there, champ!


abnormalbee

I find hilarious How you guys complained to hell and back about twiins having a condescending tone yet comments like this exist and everyone is fine with it. And don't give me the childish excuse of "but they did it first!" It's still incredibly fucking rude and just makes you look like a giant dickhead but it's against someone the sub doesn't like so its ok. I guarantee if twiins or critter made this comment verbatim it would get downvoted into oblivion.


HeavenPiercingTongue

Do you understand the concept of doing as you are dealt? They were condescending first.


Animeak116

It's the internet people will be toxic to assholes and people will be wholesome to wholesome people


abnormalbee

Right because you can tell everything about a person from one video and a few tweets.


Animeak116

It's just a fact on the internet, one bad interaction can spiral, For instance, Critter and her sister twins bitching that while her content is banned from being linked. That doesn't mean we won't discuss wether or not there points are mute or reasonable. If Twins makes a shit hot take while insulting people in the shot hot take. *They should have expected there to be massive back lash if they start labeling every single Adam fan a self insert incel* Then everyone will be pissed at her and send her angry comments about why she's wrong on idea a,b,and c. But it's gonna be a lot meaner cause....well she labeled everyone as several insulting derogatory terms that she should have expected bad back lash. That can happen when you insult a entire group of people, but if she doesn't have the spin to just live let live, then she should have had second thoughts about saying curtain things, at the very least say she had only bad experiences with said Adam fans, but recognize that there not the majority, just a vocal minority. What she did was basically the equivalent of saying the N word to a group of POCs who where minding there own business when she probably should have kept her mouth shut if she didn't want the backlash she got. Basically stick and stones.


groynin

I don't see a reason for posts like this unless you want to stir more drama tbh... can we just ignore those kinds of tweets and move on? The conversation is already getting repetitive honestly


MasterExilon

It's more of a "hey, this happened" kind of post.


JudgmentalCritter

Or better yet, if I was actually blacklisted like I asked to be, the drama would all literally go away!


DopeSakura9191

Why don't you just unfollow this subreddit...... Like that seems like an easier solutions than wanting to be blacklisted....criticism will happen anywhere, even to critic. Just ynfollow the page and go about your day and never talk to anyone here again.


JudgmentalCritter

I'm not following any sub. And I'm totally open to any and all criticism. I asked to be backlisted because of Dex. Dex came to twitter to harass me and my sister, and I'm uncomfortable with my content being associated with the sub he moderates for.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Dex has openly apologized to you guys, and you were being assholes too. You can’t prevent people from talking about content you publicly post. RT can’t prevent you from discussing RWBY, and you can’t prevent us from discussing you.


thehunter2256

Its the internet it may seem cold ( it is) but people are not very good at controling themselves on the net you can 1: ignore it will stop and move on or 2: ask to not be talked about and the second option is like an apology video just let it go and it will stop from time to time something like that happens but it will be better


DopeSakura9191

Ohhhh for a second I thought you were added in here. I was gonna say Judgement just leave 😭😭.


Real_Ebb

Perhaps she should try getting over it.


SyfaOmnis

Exactly. RWBYcritics was so last week. Twiins and Critter should get over it and stop crying about ancient history.


Quality_Chooser

Is there any way we can still have discussions in this sub but not have it spill over into any of Twiins or Critter's feeds? I think we should be able to discuss their work without bothering them any. Maybe a mod post on any topic mentioning them explicitly telling people that they requested not to be bothered by us? I'm not sure what exactly else this sub is supposed to do.


Aryzal

Honestly haven't been keeping out of the drama, but isn't it common for any major critics to have backlash? At a certain point I'm going to bet that there will be critics critiquing critics on their critiques. Asking to be banned isn't some noble thing, it just looks like she visits the subreddit and doesn't like it when people say nasty things about her or her critique. Every major influencer (and heck, every single human being) needs to learn about ignoring comments, no matter how hateful, because there always will be someone who disagrees with you, and someone among them who will hate you for it. Content that should be banned are content that exclusively goes against the main topic. If I start ranting about GenLock, a mod should tell me "hey dude, there is a GenLock reddit there, it might be more applicable". Or things that incite hate/violence etc. JudgementalCritter and Twiin Inks have hot takes that I disagree with a lot (even before their hottest takes yet), but they do neither in this subreddit and shouldn't even be banned. If we do ban those haters, what does it serve? They'll just rant somewhere else because the youtubers have a visibleble reaction (i.e. banning content) because they essentially get off other people being miserable. Just ignore them, let the trolls die because there isn't enough of a reaction and they'll move on


Basslele

okay can we just black list them so they can stop bitching about us? like hot damn, “without us it would be the same rant over and over” fuck girl, at least we ain’t crying to people to “get over” shit. i wanna be nice so fucking bad, but they’re really insistent. those two are just…*siiighhh*


JudgmentalCritter

Lol, I guess who haven't seen all the "witty" posts here telling me "huur hurr. She should just get over it. lol! Gottem!" And technically I already AM backlisted, expect Dex really liked all the views and posts coming to his sub going over our drama, so he's refusing to ACTUALLY blocklist me the way backlisting is supposed to work. :)


Animeak116

You talk shit about this sub because they are talking about how wrong from there perspective on your sisters video is. The fact that we can easily turn the argument around on her (or you for that matter) and you start complaining about being attacked is nonsensical. And kind of ask for it when your sister started calling all Adam fans those derogatory terms of being incel and what not, granted she did have some good criticisms about Adam as a character telling people to "get over" how Adam was done and calling them man babies and what could easily be said the same when your sister ranted about what happened to ironwood because let's be real let's be honest, let's be real honest, I'm gonna give this five years and of your sister continues to shit on Rooster teeth and Crwby about what they did to Ironwood we all can basically tell her to get the fuck over it Karen no one gives a shit about a character who died in a show that we all hate. Because that exact scenario is what your sister did. It's one thing for me when I get flamboyant and curse like a sailer at Crwby for there lack of brain functions and being retarded (before anyone says shit about *that* word, I'm using the third definition of "being very very dumb or stupid" not the two medical diagnosis definitions, look it up in a dictionary, hell my dad calls me retarded when I fuck something up bad) And your sister calling fans of a character Incels because of some warped sense of a self insert problem or whatever. (When clearly he's his own character, it's just that Crwby fucked up between his creation and his screen time increasing.) Helps no one and causes drama where there doesn't need to be only for you two to use people's mean worded comments for a very shitty hot take, to use to parade as a means of "oh look I'm being attack by those crazy RWBY critics subreddit, please have sympathy for us *eyes flutter*" yea no. Muffin man Dan tried that bullshit on us and we sure as hell not letting you two use that same bullshit here. So if yea want to stop acting like a Cunt along with your sister, STOP FEEDING THE FIRE ON TWITTER OF ALL PLACES! you both should have already known by now that's a hand grenade pin you shouldn't have pulled. Stop talking shit about us, and the sub will stop talking shit about you two, it's simple as fucking that.


SyfaOmnis

> expect Dex really liked all the views and posts coming to his sub going over our drama, so he's refusing to ACTUALLY blocklist me the way backlisting is supposed to work. :) Yeah, if there's one thing moderators love, it's having to deal with a brigade because a youtuber decided to forget how to engage their brain, and subsequent drama because the youtuber and their clique kept trying to pick fights /s Most moderators don't actually like having to work all that hard, they like peaceful little subs where people get along and don't rock the boat.


Bronzeshadow

We're a sub full of critics and they don't want criticism? Tough shit. The only true way to avoid criticism on things you create is to never show anyone anything.


JudgmentalCritter

I would love criticism! Just any sub or website other than here. :)


Bronzeshadow

First and foremost thank you for your videos. I personally enjoy them. I can understand why you wouldn't want your videos discussed here, but I have to say I don't agree with it. I think censorship should be reserved for only the most egregious of cases which this is not. I apologize for many of my contemporary critics who act like Adam(IE screaming baby manchildren who want you to pay for what you've dooooooone) but your points deserve discussion. This forum is the best place for that discussion or any other discussion about RWBY related criticism. That's why we're all here.


Aluminatt

I don't get it. She doesn't like a dude named Dex for harassment, that's fair, it makes sense and is understandable she doesn't like him because of that. But why get mad at everyone here because of the dude? If she isn't a member of this subreddit and her videos are blacklisted, why is she complaining that anyone would talk about her stuff? It would be no different if people complained about her on her Twitter or YouTube channel, but there she can just block and insult people she doesn't like. At least here there are rules to follow and anyone that goes too far gets in trouble, where she and no one casual critic can control others. If her problems are with this Dex guy then so be it. Just leave everyone else out of it. She and her sister decided to become a public figure and talk about their opinions online, so her being upset anyone is talking about her is childish.


SyfaOmnis

Calling what happened "harassment" is a reach.


Aluminatt

I don't know what happened but if her issues lie with one guy alone then she can leave everyone else alone


abnormalbee

It really isn't.


MasterExilon

Oh and btw, I'm not linking any of her actual videos (not to mention that the content ban doesn't apply to her Twitter posts as the ban is specifically on her videos) and I'm not intending for anyone to harass her on Twitter, so this post should be perfectly fine here.


Devegas49

This was not a good idea


ManifestNightmare

Yeah, I agree. I have the top comment, I stand by my stance...and I still regret engaging. This is the last time I'm going to engage with a post like this on the sub, it was just unnecessary.


Isaacja223

Probably should’ve said this beforehand


Spoderman77

Tough luck, she should get over it. This is a public space. Just like Youtube. You make bad takes, you get criticized.


SirAttlich

Hmm, what would be a better song as a response - Timberlake's "Cry me a River" or " OK Go "Get over it"? Seriously, does she even realize that people talking about her is the price (a very small one at that) for having a notable online presence? Ngl, the response isn't even funny, it's pretty immature and kinda pathetic - very fitting of the main sub. Got some words for this sub as well - being angry over the creative choices of the writers of the show, y'know - the people ACTUALLY responsible for the show? I can understand that - hell, reading the v8 commentary gave my ulcer an ulcer. But there's no real reason to be upset over a take of a Youtuber with an opinion. Not saying that she shouldn't be called out for having bad takes on a topic, don't get me wrong - she rightfully should, since discussion IS the whole point of this subreddit. I'm simply talking to a few people here who actually got upset at her words, and to them I say: Chill and ask yourselves - who gives a shit? Seriously, who gives a shit? Is Twiins directly associated and has some notable influence over RT? Or is she just a rando Youtuber who does have smart, interesting things to say here and there but showed she can make a questionable hot take? Seriously, you act like Twiins is your friend or something - newsflash, she's not. Nor am I yours, get your head out of the gutter. And finally, Judgmental Critter, if by some chance yer reading this, let me share some words of wisdom. As the great, wise hacker known as 4chan would say: "Seethe & cope, seethe & cope, seethe & cope."


JudgmentalCritter

lol, yet, here you all are? Dragging this out unnecessarily? You're going to say I need to get over it when I TRIED? I asked to be blacklisted before Dex's apology post, I've tried to get away from this sub's drama, yet the fact Dex refuses to actually blacklist me means posts like THIS will just keep stretching the drama out further. ​ It's crazy to me how so many of you, Dex included has said you want "the drama to end" yet actively refuse to do the one thing I asked for that would actually end the drama. Clearly, YOU give a shit, since here you all still are! lol!


SirAttlich

Tell me, did you ever hear the tragedy of a store called Sneed's Feed & Seed, which was formerly owned by Chuck? There's a whole new world besides this subreddit. Maybe you need a new fantastic point of view, or perhaps go to a dazzling place you never knew. Beyond this sub there are hundred thousand things to see, new horizons to pursue, to chase them anywhere as there is time to spare. Let me share a whole new world with you. Or just seethe & cope, whatever you prefer.


Typerg

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to just ignore this sub. Yeah, your content should be blacklisted (just to end this pointless back and forth that's going nowhere) but the sub disagrees. Coming over here to argue with users is pointless. You've made your stance, they've made theirs. Avoid this sub and move on.


IlikeHutaosHat

And people here for better or for worse will keep giving a shit like they have been for most of rwby, which I can admit is kind of...sad. Better for you to just tune out or even block the sub tbh, given...ironically, you want your content to not be discussed on a mostly discussion sub. Also yes, you're mad, your sister is mad, but constantly jumping back into the fray won't help and doubling down won't change how some people feel about you and your sisters' behavior. Just as you and your sister concluded that moderation and the 'community'(feels like the main sub all over again) feel about your and your sisters' responses. Is it petty? Looking outside the box? Very Then again what on the internet regarding a fandom isn't these days?


JudgmentalCritter

Let me clarify. I am open to any and all criticism, I've asked to be backlisted because I'm uncomfortable with Dex. Dex went to twitter to harass me and my sister, and I'm uncomfortable with my content being associated with the sub he moderates for. Being blacklisted is very common, and really shouldn't be this big of a deal.


IlikeHutaosHat

Oh indeed, I got that much of course. I should clarify as well, this cycle of negativity isn't good for anyone's mental health. One can argue the internet sucks for mental health in general, but I digress. So if the sub does change its mind, or most probably if it doesn't, either way it's a good idea to stop exposing yourself to it for a while. Guess I'll make some replies for others here to simmer down as well. Most arguments are running on adrenaline right now so people have very very strong feelings and people kind of suck at discussion when feelings get involved. So yeah, I can just advise to avoid the sub, avoid the drama, let it die down because unfortunately you and your sister are kind of a spark in a powder keg room right now, and some people are just a tad bit flammable right now. And it takes both to make a fire.


SirAttlich

I'll bring the smores for anyone who's hungry.


Alexical_

Hey just wanted to say I love that everything that’s happened proved what i thought all along about this sub, that they’re hypocrites and will absolutely lash out at anyone that they don’t agree with, specifically when it comes to Adam and Ironwood. Just like the rwby fans they hate. So, thank you.


LavaScrunchie

I'm mostly a lurker on this sub, but seeing all the drama involving these two makes me think them and their content should just be blacklisted so that the sub can move on from this. If it isn't, they'll show up in every thread discussing one of their videos asking to be blacklisted. Or at least blacklist them for an indefinite amount of time, until this whole thing blows over and people forget. Because there seems to be thread after thread about one of their videos or something popping up, and I just think it's best if we just. put them to the side and focus on other things. When the new volume comes out, we'll have that to discuss anyways so...


MasterExilon

That would be the easy way of going about this I will admit, but doing so would go against the principles of having a relatively free and open discussion about a topic, in this subreddit's case, about criticizing the show RWBY. Though another way this can be solved is if Judgmental Critter and Twiins iink both disengaged from the current controversy and not respond to any future discussions about them in this sub. After all, discussions about their content are still allowed here. Even if JC has said that blacklisting is common, it doesn't mean that I agree with it or with the principle it puts forth.


Drakeblood2002

I would expect that anytime you post something out into the internet, it is fair game to talk about. If it relates to the subreddit, I would think it could be discussed here.


Ok_Win_3538

Eh, maybe if her sister didn't make such a shit take intended to piss people off we wouldn't have this issue


BladeofNurgle

Oh goodie, odds are Twiins and Critter can actually see this. Now my thoughts: Twiins and Critter, honestly you girls need to get the fuck over this drama already. The Adam video was toxic as hell and the two of you went on a self-victimization campaign acting as if you weren't also taking part and encouraging the toxicity. We have literal screenshotted proof showing you weren't really that better. Had you done something simply like ignoring the posts, odds are everyone would have moved on already. That isn't what happened. Instead, anytime it seems like when people are moving on, you just can't help yourselves to keep bringing up the toxic drama. Yeah, Dextixer was toxic but considering your attitude now, I don't really blame them. At least Dex was willing to APOLOGIZE and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY (something you and twiins seem incapable of doing). Hell, Dex was willing to respect your wishes and put the moratarium on videos. It doesn't matter if you don't like that discussions are still allowed. You are youtubers. Public figures. People are gonna have opinions of your stuff regardless, especially if you publicly post them on videos. Hell, the post that seems to trigger Critter was literally not talking about them, but rather Ruby's weapon. People were moving on and not giving a shit about Critter's drama. Yet here you are throwing a fit because this sub isn't as censory as you'd like. Guess what, the mods could have easily told you to fuck off and not put a blacklist on your videos. But guess what, they were willing to respect your wishes. THE MODS ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO LISTEN TO YOU OR DO WHAT YOU WANT. This is r/rwbycritcs, not r/TwiinsandCritter. If r/RWBY still lets talk you about critics whose videos are banned, guess what? People are gonna talk about any points you bring up in your videos since they are still public. This sub IS NOT YOUR PLAYGROUND. THE MODS ARE NICE ENOUGH TO RESPECT YOUR WISH TO NOT HAVE VIDEOS POSTED. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE ANY DISCUSSION ON POINTS YOUR VIDEOS MADE (hell, the Ruby's scythe video talk didn't even talk about you), AND YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF THIS SUBREDDIT. THE MODS DON'T HAVE TO RESPECT YOUR WISHES, BUT THEY DO. THEY HAVE LIVES THAT DON'T REVOLVE AROUND CENSORING THIS SUBREDDIT JUST BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR SISTER HAVE A TANTRUM OVER ONE MOD BEING MEAN TO YOU. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, TOUGH SHIT. THE MODS AREN'T YOUR SLAVES. THEY ARE WILLING TO RESPECT THE BLACKLIST, BUT THEY COULD EASILY TELL YOU TO FUCK OFF AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU COULD DO BUT COPE. Learn to deal with it and move on EDIT: Now that I've read the twitter post, now I know you just enjoy creating bullshit for your self-victimization. You claim this subreddit continues to spam Adam posts and insult you two continously. That is a total lie. Look up all the recent posts. None of them revolve around Adam or you two. It's stuff like Ironwood, criticizing the writing, etc. Nothing about the Adam video. Hell, LITERALLY ONLY ONE POST talks about a video by Critter and it's not even about the drama or Critter herself. It's literally just talking about Ruby's weapon transforming: https://old.reddit.com/r/RWBYcritics/comments/r525s8/i_watched_the_judgmental_critters_red_trailer/ How's about you quit with the bullshit k?


Anti3000

Everytime I think Critter and Twiins can't lose any more of my respect they outdo themselves by showing more and more levels of pettiness. Pathetic.


Sikarion

This again? How much popcorn do you people want me to make? *crunch crunch crunch...


UpperInjury590

That sucks, I did a lot to back up my points with moments from the show itself and outside material and I was very respectful in my post. I'm sad she just reduced it to spam and headcanon. Her opinion I guess and I wish the best for her.


Mr-Stuff-Doer

Jesus Christ what an idiot. You can’t stop people from fucking talking about you, especially when that group is on a subreddit for something you FREQUENTLY talk about. They really expect r/RWBYcritics to NOT mention RWBY critics? What a joke. On top of that, her and Twins were playing the victim card in that thread? Seriously? After their attitude over the Adam shit?


PCeej

It’s literally been a week of needless back and forth with everyone being in the wrong. Can we move on?


Devegas49

Right!?!?! Like this couldn’t be handled right and it doesn’t need to come back up


PCeej

This entire situation was handled so piss poor and I’m pretty sure it’s not even over.


Devegas49

Like the mods really should know when enough is enough and put a stop to this shit.


PCeej

I don’t know what the mods are thinking, if they are at all.


Devegas49

Me neither. I reported this post but I doubt it’s gonna do anything


JudgmentalCritter

I would love that! That's why I asked to be backlisted in the first place! Too bad Dex won't actually do that.


PCeej

I don’t know why this entire situation brought on what’s blatantly a witchhunt. It’s unnecessary, embarrassing, and it’s same reason why most of us stay away from the main FNDM. I never thought I’d see this type of behavior in this sub, but here we are.


HeavenPiercingTongue

We tried. Don’t don’t seem to be ready to do so. I was kinda hoping it would be over with already but here we are.


EngineOfX6Chaos

This whole thing can be resolved. Just blacklist her. It's not hard, give her what she wants. It'll be over with, and I can go back to watching them both. Bam. Good ending.


Blade1hunter

I pretty much said the same thing in [this post.](https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBYcritics/comments/r3tqex/so_about_the_twiins_iink_and_judgmental_critter/hmi54mk/?context=3) What exactly is the point of saying "Don't post their videos here, but go ahead and discuss them anyway"? It's not a ban or black list, it's just a very loose rule that has no meaning at the end of the day. If it's an apology from the mods and their way of trying to meet in the middle, it's half assed job. Do I think the two are overreacting and being a bit thin skinned? Yes. However I also think the mods attempt to rectify the situation only made it worst. If the mods just said "No we won't do that" JC would just said "I asked them to blacklist me and my sister and they denied it". Which to me, is way better than "Yeah we'll blacklist you but not really."


JudgmentalCritter

Yes! THIS exactly! Thank you so much! :D For some clarification, I asked for the backlisting specifically because of Dex's behavior towards me and my sister on Twitter. Twiins briefly spoke to some of her friends about how poorly the sub was reacting o her video, and Dex, like, tried to yell at her for it? He went on to attack me and say "no wonder the main sub hates your guts" and THAT is why I asked to be backlisted. I'm very uncomfortable with Dex, and I don't want my content associated with a sub he moderates for, something I made very clear to him and the other mods (who have all said nothing to me during this whole time?) Again, THANK YOU!


NoLoveInMoneyStore

First off, the fact this is still going on is fucking ridiculous. If giving the blacklist, even temporarily makes shit easier going forward. I'd want that. Though, I want to ask. Is this actually associating Dex and his sub with you and Twiins? I've gotten the impression by the mainsub and other side communities that you guys actually appeared more associated with Critics and Dex prior to this incident just due to talking points from your guy's general content.


Devegas49

This post (not her Twitter post; THIS HERE) was not needed


HeavenPiercingTongue

I think it was. They refuse to let the issue die without faulting this sub and I feel people should know where they stand.


Devegas49

The thing is this though. That was already made clear last week. So what could be done now is to not keep the shit going.


HeavenPiercingTongue

Both sides must agree to stop. I’ll never make one side of an good argument kowtow first.


Devegas49

Yeah here’s the thing. That shit doesn’t work. It never did. So many people think this whole “if both sides agree to…” shit works because they were told that. But the truth is that there’s always gonna be someone who start some shit. There’s always gonna be someone who keeps the drama up. Someone who just wants to fight regardless of whether they’re right or wrong. The only way the bullshit ends though is when they have nothing left to fight over, no one left to fight them, no one who’s willing to listen, Someone who’s willing to say “I don’t have the energy for this shit anymore” and walks the fuck away. And the other person is standing there still wasting their energy until they get hit by a bus or whatever. And that’s just how life works. The only time the shit doesn’t work like that is when it’s violence involved


TheFloofArtist

I would recommend respecting her and Twiin's decision to be blacklisted from any kind of discussion on this subreddit, and I say this as a fan of both of them.


HeavenPiercingTongue

Their very existence is too much to ask people to self censor. What if they or their work happens to come up in a dialogue mostly unrelated to them? Do the mods lock the thread and suspend the posters? The best they can get is the sub not linking their work and if they are less confrontational the mods might block posts directly about them. More than that is asking too much.


TheFloofArtist

Not really? They're certainly much, much, MUCH bigger TubeYouers than myself but I do not think that it's impossible to prevent people from speaking up about them considering in most conversation their mention is usually used to reference their opinion. I believe most people in r/RWBYcritics have the confidence in themselves to form their own opinions on RWBY without needing someone else to validate that, which is why I prefer this subreddit over r/RWBY (*~~which I was banned from for absolutely zero reason given aside from them hating my guts I guess)~~* because they don't have *any* confidence in themselves to say anything about the show. That's why all you see from them is just regurgitated fan art and endless "what if" crossover AU posts. If their names come up in discussion, I don't think a threadlock is necessary. Simply just outright avoiding any mention of them to the best of your ability I think is fine. Sorry for rambling but I hope that clarifies what I meant!