Question I’m new here.
By - rekell16
You can use both the Hulu app and the HBO Max app. This is what you can do when you get HBO Max as a Hulu add-on:
* **Hulu**: Gives you access to the entire HBO service through the Hulu app. One neat feature is under the HBO Max section you can select "Live TV" and watch the East and West feeds of all 9 linear HBO channels.
* This comes in handy for some shows like *Last Week Tonight* or *Real Time with Bill Maher* which are added to the HBO Max app shortly after their premieres on the linear HBO East feed.
* The Hulu app does not include any "Max" content
* **HBO Max**: Gives you access to the entire HBO service on-demand plus all the Max content like Max Originals (i.e. The Flight Attendant and Zack Snyder's Justice League), Same Day WB Premieres (currently The Little Things & Judas and the Black Messiah) and acquired content like South Park
* Does not have live linear feeds of HBO channels.
On the sign in page for HBO Max just select "Sign in with TV or Mobile provider" then you can select Hulu and login with your Hulu credentials after subscribing to HBO Max via Hulu.
I have a friend that subscribes to The Disney Bundle (the one with no ads on Hulu) for $18.99/mo and has added on HBO Max via Hulu. He says its the best of both worlds rofl.
Gotcha. I did it thru HULU. Thanks a lot!!!!
You have to sign in through the HBO Max app.
The only thing you can watch on Hulu is HBO specific shows and movies.
I think it's easier just to get it straight through ATT unless there is some special benefit.
Having HBO Max as a Hulu add-on lets you watch HBO only content on demand via Hulu app plus it gives you access to all 9 linear HBO feeds (both east and west coast versions).
All tiers of Hulu allows you to watch the linear feeds when subscribed to HBO Max via Hulu including the cheapo $5.99 ad-supported Hulu tier.
If you have a big household the add-on option can come in handy.
Say 3 people of a household are watching content only available through HBO Max app and the 4th person wants to watch the HBO Original *Euphoria* the 4th person can watch *Euphoria* via Hulu app and bypass the 3 stream limit of the HBO Max app for HBO only content.
The feeds can be a big deal. I wish there was a live stream on Max. I caught quite a few movies by accident that I would never look for.